Studies Reveal Lies, Deceit and Deceptions
Which would you rather do, feel really good every day or die a slow, painful death?
While the answer seems rather obvious the fact is that the choices you make in your daily life could very well dictate your future health.
Chronic illness is often a direct result of poor lifestyle habits. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt, chronic illness afflicts 100 million Americans, causes seven out of 10 deaths and consumes $2 out of every $3 spent on health care. His solution is all about prevention by following a simple lifestyle and engaging in physical activity.
The key to reducing your risk of chronic illness is prevention, focusing on a healthy lifestyle and developing healthy habits by eating nutritious foods and getting regular daily exercise.
Yet, many are not willing, or perhaps not yet convinced enough, to make the positive choices they need to stay healthy.
Ironically, a survey conducted by the American Diabetes Association found that 52 percent identified developing a chronic illness as the worse possible thing that could happen – more feared than getting buried under heavy financial debt, getting a divorce, living alone or losing a job.
And with good reason, as you literally have nothing if you don’t have your health. Yet, surprisingly, on making changes to reduce the risk of chronic disease the survey found:
- 67 percent admitted to following a poor diet
- 62 percent maintained an unhealthy weight
- 83 percent recognized being overweight or obese as a contributing factor to developing diabetes
From Food to Chemicals … What’s Making You Sick?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Four modifiable health risk behaviors—lack of physical activity, poor nutrition, tobacco use, and excessive alcohol consumption—are responsible for much of the illness, suffering, and early death related to chronic diseases.”
Of course, there are others as well.
Bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical so widely used in plastics and food containers that almost everyone has the chemical in their body right now, mimics the female hormone estrogen, impacting fertility and potentially promoting cancer. It may also lead to heart disease, diabetes and liver problems in adults.
Further, six out of 10 Americans are surrounded by air pollution that’s toxic enough to endanger their lives, the 2009 State of the Air report found, while nearly 784,000 people die each year from medical treatments or medications they think will make them well!
Unfortunately, according to a comparison by investigators from the Medical University of South Carolina of results from two large-scale studies of the U.S. population, the number of people adhering to five healthy habits (exercising 12 times a month or more, not smoking, eating five or more fruits and vegetables daily, moderate alcohol use and maintaining healthy weight) has decreased from 15 percent during 1988-1994 to 8 percent during 2001-2006.
Why are Americans leading less healthy lifestyles than practically ever before? It’s clearly not that people would rather feel sick and tired than healthy and energetic … but perhaps it’s becoming more difficult than ever to live healthy … especially when our society seems to be programmed against it.
Who Wants You to be or Stay Sick?
There is a well oiled circle of relationships that support one another under the pretense of "your best interest,” that are actually looking out for their profits over your health.
For instance, your doctor has likely been trained in a medical school funded by and controlled by drug companies. In turn, drug companies depend on your eating poor-quality processed food and not looking out for your own health, so that you then get sick and have a need for their products (i.e. drugs).
Most doctors are well-trained to prescribe drugs, which typically do nothing to treat the underlying cause of your illness and instead often make you sicker and sicker.
Would anyone expose themselves to known toxins, unhealthy foods and drinks if they truly knew the facts?
Is it simply a matter of affordability even for those who can afford to be healthy? In the long run, it will cost your FAR more to lead an unhealthy lifestyle than to clean up your act now …
- Agribusiness and Drug Companies are betting on you not learning the truth and if you do that you will be so preconditioned that you won't be able to handle the truth, so that you simply will continue on as you have been, eating junk food and taking drug “solutions”
- Food Cost of Healthy FOOD: The government actually makes it cheaper for you to buy junk foods than healthy fresh foods. How? By subsidizing crops like corn, soy, wheat and rice. The problem, of course, is that these crops are used in such abundance that they exist in record amounts in the foods you feed your family. While organic healthy raw foods are not subsidized at all. So yes on the surface it can be more expensive to eat healthy ... until you consider the illnesses the processed foods cause ... and thereby the true costs to you and your loved ones!
- COST of DISEASES (your life is at risk): Unhealthy foods have been linked to a myriad of chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity and more …
- COST of SICK-CARE: In the U.S., the cost of treatment of diseases are primarily based on the use of synthetic drugs, surgeries and medical treatments designed to care for you after you’re sick. Virtually no attention is given to food, exercise, herbs and natural remedies that could begin to eliminate the cause of many diseases, eliminating the need for a cure in the first place.
- COST of HOME CARE-GIVERS: The cost for "sick care" is immense, with the cost to family not calculated or considered by any current metrics.
- The PROFITEERS are the Corporations like Monsanto, who push genetically modified products that are not labeled as such. Due to the confirmed health risks, many people in Europe refuse to buy GM foods, yet they are sold in abundance in the United States. For more on this important issue, read Jeffrey Smith’s Seeds of Deception.
- The PROFITEERS are the DRUG Manufacturers who are simply waiting like vultures … circling waiting for their prey to fall ill. They have funded the training of your doctors in med schools and CMEs (continued medical education) so the doctors in turn write out their prescriptions vs. recommending natural remedies or ways to change your diet and lifestyle. Sadly, many doctors are not trained as to the root cause of diseases but instead are trained to treat the symptoms with medications.
- The PROFITEERS are the Insurance Companies who via regulations require doctors and hospitals to spend the least amount of time possible per patient. Get them in and get them out based on pre-designated time and cost standards.
- The PROFITEERS are some Doctors who have found themselves having to follow the system requirements and who simply do the least required to funnel through as many patients a day as possible with in some cases no patient follow through or accountability for the patient outcomes.
- The Victims are you, your loved ones, and your families... for the benefit of the system that is overseen by the US Federal Government and funded by your tax dollars. Yes, it really is your own dollars killing you by those in Washington paid off to do so!
Is there a way to fight back? YES! Absolutely!
There are ways to stay healthy despite all the efforts and structure already put in place by BIG FOOD and DRUG companies plus the US GOVERNMENT to keep you in their grips.
It’s still a FREE Country so it’s Your choice …
Top Choices to Stay Healthy and Avoid Chronic Disease
|Healthy Choice …||Disease Choice ….|
Organic Foods: Free of GM ingredients and pesticides!
Genetically Modified Foods: Linked to allergies, infertility, kidney inflammation, organ lesions and numerous other health and environmental problems.
Raw Foods: Rich in enzymes and healthful nutrients intact. Check out Alive in 5: Raw Gourmet Meals in Five Minutes for inspiration.
Processed Foods: May lead to chronic disease, fatigue and weight gain.
BPA-Free Bottles: Choose glass food and beverage containers over plastic as much as possible. The Wellness H2.0, a personal reusable water filter in a bottle made of HDPE (high density polyethylene) plastic, is also BPA-free!
Plastic food and drink containers: Avoid polycarbonate, lexan, and polysulfone plastic, as these contain BPA.
Exercise: “Studies suggest regular, sustained exercise can help prevent or delay some diseases and disabilities as people grow older. And, in some cases, it can actually improve some of these conditions in older people who already have them,” according to NIA. If you’re looking for an exercise program you can do right from your own home, we highly recommend adding SheaNetics from MySheaNetics.com, a phenomenal mind-body workout, to your exercise routine.
Sedentary Behavior: Numerous studies show rates of heart disease, diabetes and obesity are doubled and even tripled in people who spend too much time sitting. The more sedentary you are, the greater your health risks will become.
Regular Stress Relief: To keep stress levels at bay, the staff at SixWise LOVES Staying Healthy in a Stressful World, the highly praised CD by Dr. Peter Reznik, one of the most respected mind/body integrative therapists of our time. The program will actually help you to embark on a practice for transforming your stress into life-enhancing experiences.
Regular Stress: Not only does stress and anxiety interfere with your immune system, making you vulnerable to illnesses like the flu, it impairs your body's ability to respond to its anti-inflammatory signals, putting you at an increased risk of allergies, autoimmune diseases and heart disease.
Pure, Unadultered Food: Visit farmer’s markets and local growers to buy fresh-from-the-farm foods that are pure and free of pesticides, hormones, chemicals and artificial flavors and colors.
Food Additives and Artificial Sweeteners: Refined foods, processed foods and fast foods are loaded with chemicals, many with proven health risks. Check out the movie Food, Inc. for more details …
Pure, Healthy Air: People spend about 90 percent of their time indoors, so having clean air inside should be a top priority. For tips, read The Sick Truth: Why Airline Cabin Air is NOT as Unhealthy as Your OWN Home's Air!
Polluted Air: If you don’t take the proper precautions, your home’s air could be contaminated with mold, radon, dust, cleaning chemicals and more.
Healthy Lifestyle: This will keep you healthy, strong and out of the hospital, so you’re not exposed to unnecessary surgeries, adverse drug reactions or hospital-acquired infections like MRSA and C. diff.
Drugs, Surgery and Medical Treatments: 2.2 million people suffer from adverse drug reactions to prescribed medications while in a hospital each year. For those taking prescribed medications on their own, at home, side effects also run rampant.